Marietta Theatre Company encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds, performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to audition.
Lucky Stiff: Based on the novel, The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo by Michael Butterworth, Lucky Stiff is an offbeat, hilarious murder mystery farce, complete with mistaken identities, six million bucks in diamonds and a corpse in a wheelchair. The story revolves around an unassuming English shoe salesman who is forced to take the embalmed body of his recently deceased uncle on a vacation to Monte Carlo. Should he succeed in passing his uncle off as alive, Harry Witherspoon stands to inherit $6,000,000. If not, the money goes to the Universal Dog Home of Brooklyn… or else his uncle’s gun-toting ex!
The audition sign-up sheet will be posted early November – please check back then to sign up for a time.
Seeking 10 actors to play the following roles:
– Auditions are Saturday, December 4 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
– Prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theatre piece in the style of the show. We are looking for BIG choices here – no ballads please. This is a farce after all! An accompanist will be provided – please bring sheet music. No tracks or a capella auditions will be heard.
– Prepare a 1 minute comedic monologue catered to the role you are most interested in
– Please bring 1 copy of your Headshot with resume stapled to the back
– Callbacks will be held Sunday, December 5 by invitation only (time TBD)
MTC rehearsal space under Mystic Owl Tattoo
646 Roswell Street Marietta, GA 30060
Please park in the back and enter downstairs at the back of the building.
– Begin the week of December 12 and will be 3 times per week, in most cases
– Mandatory Tech Week: Sunday February 13 – Thursday, February 17
– Run: February 18 – 20, 24 – 27, and March 3 – 5. Thursday-Saturday 8:00; Sundays 3:00. Saturday February 26 and Saturday March 5 will also have a 3:00 matinee (2 performances both days: at 3:00 and 8:00)
Please check back in early November to sign up for an audition slot.