WE DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY AUDITION TIMES LEFT, BUT YOU CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR WAIT LIST. IF AN AUDITION SLOT OPENS UP WE WILL CONTACT YOU.
BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE FOR AUDITION INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Fly by Night: New York City, 1965 (with the occasional detour to South Dakota). A star-crossed prophecy. A lot of music. Just not a lot of light. In this darkly comic rock-fable, a melancholy sandwich maker’s humdrum life is intersected by two entrancing sisters. A sweeping ode to young love set against the backdrop of the Northeast blackout of 1965, Fly By Night is a tale about making your way and discovering hope in a world beset by darkness.
AUDITION CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
Seeking 7 actors to play the following roles:
- NARRATOR – our guide, open to male or female; any age
- HAROLD L. McCLAM – a sandwich maker; 20’s – 30’s. Ability to play guitar a plus.
- MR. McCLAM – father of Harold; 50’s – 60’s
- DAPHNE- an actress; 20’s – 30’s
- MIRIAM – a waitress; 20’s -30’s
- CRABBLE – a deli owner; 40’s – 60’s
- JOEY STORMS – a playwright; 20’s – 30’s
- Auditions are Saturday, January 25 from 6 pm to 10 pm and Sunday, January 26 from 5:30 to 6:30 pm
- Callbacks will be held Sunday, January 26 at 7 pm
- Please sign-up for 1 audition slot
- Please bring 1 copy of your Headshot with resume stapled to the back
- Prepare a 1 minute monologue
- Prepare 32 bars of two contrasting contemporary musical theatre songs. BRING SHEET MUSIC, AS AN ACCOMPANIST WILL BE PROVIDED. NO A CAPELLA AUDITIONS. NOTE: IF AUDITIONING FOR THE PART OF HAROLD AND ABLE TO PLAY GUITAR, PLEASE BRING THE GUITAR AND BE PREPARED TO PERFORM A SONG IN THE STYLE OF A ROCK AND ROLL/POP/CONTEMPORARY STYLE SONG ACCOMPANYING YOURSELF.
MTC rehearsal space under Mystic Owl Tattoo
646 Roswell Street Marietta, GA 30060
Please park in the back and enter downstairs at the back of the building.
Marietta Theatre Company encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds, performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to audition.
- Mandatory Tech Week: Sunday April 5 – Thursday, April 9
- Run: April 10-11, 16-19, 23-25 (2 shows on April 25). Thursday-Saturday 8:00; Sundays 3:00; Special 2:00 performance Saturday April 25
Any questions, please email Sherrie Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Sign-up Sheets
No sheets currently available at this time.