BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE FOR AUDITION INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Please note – all actors must be vaccinated against COVID-19
Marietta Theatre Company encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds, performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to audition.
Cheered by audiences and critics alike as funny and fast-paced, this hilarious hoedown is Nunsense fun with a Laugh-In/Hee-Haw/Grand Ole Opry slant. Outrageously funny musical numbers include “I Could’ve Gone To Nashville,” “Everyday of the Week Is a Saturday,” “Do Unto Others,” “The Delta Queen,” “We Miss You, Patsy Cline,” “A Technicolor Woman” and “Growing Up in Brooklyn.” You say you’re not a country music fan? Don’t worry – this country music is “Nunsense theatrical-style,” guaranteed to please any Nunsense fan! – D. Goggin
In NUNSENSE, Sister Mary Amnesia (so-called because a crucifix had fallen on her head and she couldn’t remember who she was) finally realized that she was Sister Mary Paul, a nun who had always wanted to be a country singer. In NUNSENSE II: THE SEQUEL, Reverend Mother secured a recording contract for Sister Mary Paul (still affectionately known as Amnesia). Now, in NUNSENSE JAMBOREE (officially titled SISTER AMNESIA’S COUNTRY WESTERN NUNSENSE JAMBOREE) Sister Amnesia has made her first album and is on a tour promoting her new recording. She is touring with Sister Robert Anne, Sister Mary Leo, and two new friends: Father Virgil Trott (Sister Mary Leo’s brother, a Franciscan priest with his own country radio show), and Sister Mary Wilhelm, the Superintendent of Nursing. (Reverend Mother and Sister Mary Hubert are back at the convent.)
We are seeking 5 actors to play the following roles:
The daffy nun who was hit on the head with a crucifix and for a long time didn’t remember who she was. Still called Sister Amnesia, she turned out to be Sister Mary Paul, a Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes winner who had once been a country singer.
Sister Mary Wilhelm
Superintendent of Nursing for the Diocese of Newark. She appears rather severe but turns out to be lots of fun. As a teenager she appeared in a movie with Frankie Avalon.
Sister Robert Anne
The streetwise tough kid from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn. A constant source of aggravation for superiors but loved by the kids she teaches. She is the voice of the puppet, Sister Mary Annette.
Sister Mary Leo
The young novice who hopes to dedicate her life to God as a ballerina, but who is constantly frustrated by Reverend Mother’s refusal to let her perform in a tutu. She is soon to take her vows and receive her black veil.
Father Virgil Manly Trott
A Franciscan priest who is Sister Mary Leo’s real-life brother. He is very handsome and well aware of it. He is an authentic country singer originally from Mississippi.
- Auditions will be held June 11th beginning at 3PM
- Prepare 2 (one upbeat, one ballad) 16- 32 bar songs – contemporary musical theatre or country music. These are very specific characters with great comedic timing so please prepare music that shows off your acting & comedic chops! Please bring tracks for accompaniment (music only, no vocals please).
- NO ACAPPELLA AUDITIONS!
- Please bring 1 copy of your Headshot with resume stapled to the back
– Callbacks will be held Sunday, June 12th by invitation only at 1:00 pm
MTC rehearsal space under Mystic Owl Tattoo
646 Roswell Street Marietta, GA 30060
Please park in the back and enter downstairs at the back of the building.
– Begin the week of June 19th and will be 3 times per week, in most cases.
– *Mandatory Tech Week: Sunday, August 21st – Thursday, August 25th (Preview performance)
The show will run:
- August 26, 27 at 8pm, August 28 at 2pm
- September 1 & 2 at 8pm, September 3 at 2 & 8pm & September 4 at 2pm
- September 8 & 9 at 8pm, September 10 at 2 & 8pm
Any questions, please email the director, Rachel Rudd – firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Nunsense Jamboree Auditions||June 11, 2022||25||View & sign-up for Nunsense Jamboree Auditions|