No sheets available at this time.
BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A SLOT, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE
Marietta Theatre Company (MTC) encourages and embraces participation from cast, crew, volunteers, and patrons of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, abilities, and ages.
- Sunday, December 3, 2023; 10am – 5pm
- Dance Calls: 10am and 4pm; Attendance at one of the two dance calls is mandatory for consideration
- In-person attendance at Callbacks on Sunday, December 10, 2023, 1pm – 4pm is required (if selected for Callbacks)
If and only if you are unable to attend the open call in-person, you may click HERE to submit a virtual audition. Submissions are due no later than noon on Friday, December 1, 2023
Auditions (Open & Callbacks):
MTC Rehearsal Studio (the basement of Mystic Owl Tattoo)
646 Roswell Street, NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Please park in the back and enter downstairs at the back of the building
Performances: Marietta’s Theatre in the Square, 11 Whitlock Ave NW, Marietta, GA 30064
WHAT TO DO/PREPARE
- Sign up for a 5-minute audition slot at the top of this page
- Prepare one 60-90 second cut of an upbeat, contemporary musical theatre song (not from Honeymoon in Vegas) with sheet music or track (piano accompaniment and audio plug-in provided)
- Come stretched and dressed to move for one of the two dance calls (your choice of 10am or 4pm on Sun, Dec 3)
- Complete the required online audition form, which requires your headshot and resume
- In-Person Callbacks (By Invitation Only): Sun, Dec 10, 2023 1pm – 4pm
- Read-Through & First Rehearsal: Sat, Jan 6, 2024, 10am – 5pm
- Rehearsals: Generally 3 days per week (Tent: Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30pm – 10pm; Saturdays 10am – 5pm)
- Mandatory Tech Week Rehearsals: Select Dates from Wed, Feb 21 – Tues, Feb 27
- Performances: Wed, Feb 28, 8pm (Friend & Family); Thus, Feb 29, 8pm (Opening); Fri, March 1, 8pm; Sat, March 2, 2pm & 8pm; Sun, March 3, 2pm; Wed – Fri, March 6 – 8, 8pm; Sat, March 9, 2pm & 8pm (11 total performances)
- Strike: Sun, March 10
All cast members will receive a stipend and should be vaccinated against COVID-19, when possible.
Based on the 1992 movie starring Nicholas Cage and Sarah Jessica Parker, bet the house on Honeymoon in Vegas, an insanely funny new musical full of skydiving Elvises, captivating chorus girls, red-hot romance, and really cold feet. Score by Tony-winning composer, Jason Robert Brown. Rated PG-13.
Male, ~25 years old. The hero and star of the show. Superstitious with a deep-rooted fear of getting married, yet deeply in love with his fiancé, Betsy Nolan. Haunted by the ghost of his dead mother whose dying wish was that he never marry.
Female, ~25 years old. Jack’s delightful girlfriend of 5 years. Her patience on the matrimony front is wearing thin due to Jack’s inability to finally commit to marriage.
Male, 40-60. A successful gambler in his 50s who sees something special in Betsy, who bears an uncanny resemblance to his deceased wife, Donna.
Male, ~25. Tommy Korman’s right-hand man.
Bea Singer/Joanne Klein
Female, 50-70. Jack’s deceased mother who, on her deathbed, made Jack promise never to marry. Doubles as a poker player, Joanne Klein.
Buddy Rocky/Roy Bacon
Male, 25-50. Las Vegas nightlife entertainer, a flashy talent who packs the Milano Hotel & Casino every night with his show-stopping performances. Doubles as Roy Bacon, an Elvis impersonator.
Male, 25-50. Poker player and welcoming native of Hawaii.
Female, early 20s. A native of Hawaii, Mahi is hired by Tommy Korman to distract Jack and keep him from getting to Betsy. Dancing is a must.
Various. Includes featured roles of Alex, Rose, Raymond/Dougie Cataracts, and others such as showgirls, flying Elvises, waitresses, salesman, hotel manager, ticket agent, nurse, tourists, etc. Strong dancing required.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to having you at auditions!